Monday, February 20, 2006

Plagued by powercuts

Arrived in Uganda after a bad night's sleep on the plane despite the upgrade. Man next to me started talking as soon as I sat down and finished several hours later with the words 'when I sleep I snore and fart. Goodnight.' Ravel, on the other hand, apparently got on so well with the girl next to him that he got no sleep at all. He has been trying to catch up ever since.

Unfotunately, I have to keep this post short. We are currently under a severe power shortage, due to Uganda pumping far more water out of Lake Victoria through their hydro-electric dam than they should. The lake level has dropped by a metre in the last year and there is no power every other day. I will try and catch up as soon as possible. In the meantime, please spare a thought for us - for not only is there no power (the computer is running on nearly-empty), but also no water. The toilet is out of bounds and Ravel is already having stomach problems. I fear the worst....

P.S. How I became a celebrity will be continued when I can, I promise

J McC

No comments: